Pages: « 1 »

kathlingram
My Faunt family
Date: May 4, 2009 1:52:28 PM PDT
Author: kathlingram

Hello John
My Grandfather Edward ( born Edmund) Faunt was grandson of Patrick Faunt whose father William was born in Fethard Tipperary in 1840.He was British Army.He came to New Jersey in 1869.
My cousin Francis Faunt has done his male DNA..he matches EXACTLY with a David Font of New Zealand whose ancestor Thomas Font is in Liverpool in 1802.

Less exactly but still closely do we match the Fant men of Virginia.
It is the same family.
I have a Blog and a Tribal Pages website on my family:
www.carrowandfauntfamilytales.blogspot.com
www.carrowandfaunt.tribalpages.com
I am very excited to see your website.I do have a Maloney in my Faunt family..Mary who marries Maurice Slattery near Bruff Limerick by 1785.
Kathleen Carrow Ingram ( Mom was a Faunt)

Last modified by kathlingram on May 4 2009 1:54PM

John

Date: May 6, 2009 11:50:49 AM PDT
Author: John

I am very impressed with the amount of research you have
carried out. We had long suspected a link between the
families in Tipperary and North Cork but had little proof. The
chalice given to Fr.Patrick Fant in Templemore would
suggest a strong link with the Fants in Fantstown as this
would have been an important family heirloom. The chalice
dates back to the 1500s and was kept in the castle chapel.
Also I am very interested in the link you found between the
Moloney and Fant families and may uncover how the
Moloney name ended up in Fantstown in the early 1800s.
Thanks for your excellent input and I look forward to
hearing from you in the future.

kathlingram
Faunt's in Tipperary
Date: May 6, 2009 4:07:46 PM PDT

I will be very glad to share what I have.My William Faunt the immigrant's mother was Honora Cunningham.HER mother was Bridget Slattery and Bridget's parents were Maurice Slattery and Mary Maloney ( sister Johanna)..One born in Bruff Limerick and one near Cahir.
Norrie Cunningham & the Slatterys lived in Knockbritt when she marries William Faunt in 1835.
You and I can look at them together when you return.My Fant/Faunt men were both Military and Nailers( Smiths) which may account for some movement.
I know the Nailers lived in a special area in Fethard which was on the Cashel Road.
Some of this you may be able to help me with.
I am very excited.
Kathleen

kathlingram
More Moloneys in my line..
Date: Mar 29, 2012 1:50:53 PM PDT

I just wanted to let everyone know that my Irish researcher has found yet another link to Moloneys in Limerick for our family.
Ellen Lynch marries William Faunt in Limerick City in 1863.They come to NJ in 1869.
Her father was a Michael Lynch and her mother Ellen Hannan/Hannon. Michael Lynch’s father is Thomas Lynch of Hospital Limerick which is in Kilmallock District? He may have lived in Barrysfarm and he was married to a Catherine Molouney.
Ellen Hannon’s father was also Michael and her mother was Deborah Shanahan.They were from the same plece.
Michael Lynch and Ellen Hannon were married in the Parish of Hospital and Herbertstown June 7 , 1840. He gives his address as Ballinscoola Limerick.
I think I had indicated to you that William Faunts’ mother Honorah Cunningham’s mother was Bridget Slattery and HER mother was Mary Maloney..all from Cork and then Tipperary.

Search Web

Google

Search Forum

Forum Tags

There are no tags at this time.